Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fedor Calls Out Dana White & UFC


Article by MMAfighting.com


Fedor Emelianenko is asking UFC President Dana White to co-promote a fight with him against either one of the two current UFC champions, Randy Couture or Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

"Numerous times I have read Mr. White’s statements on Internet concerning myself," Fedor wrote in an open letter released on Friday. "In my opinion, allowing yourself to say those things is not a sign of a gentleman or a grown man at all! If he candidly wants to prove himself right then let my fight with Randy happen or let me face the reigning UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those unfounded statements in my address ever again."

Fedor is referring to White's negative comments in the public to downplay Fedor's importance in the mixed martial arts world. White is known for not speaking highly of a fighter not under contract with the UFC, and Fedor is no exception. White was especially vocal during a media conference last October, calling Fedor a "farce."

The biggest hindrance to a guaranteed blockbuster bout between Fedor and Couture in an Octagon is the fact that Fedor is signed to M-1 Global. The UFC would have to co-promote with M-1 Global, and that is not part of the UFC's policy. Synonymous with mixed martial arts in North America, the UFC would only be giving away free promotion to a rival group.

Still, that's not going to stop Fedor to cause some buzz by challenging the biggest MMA promotion in the world.

"The whole world is eager to see me fight your champions instead of listening to your press conferences. I’m signed with M-1 Global and this promotion is ready to organize such fights under our banner or in co-promoted events."


MMAFightOpinion:

Oh my Mr. White, I do believe you have pissed off the "Last Emperor." Not a very smart move. He has not only put the ball in your court but flat out challenged you and your arrogant comments. Maybe its time to shut the fuck up before Fedor tears through the entire UFC roster. People have been doubting Fedor's competitive spirit recently, but me thinks the big man is quite motivated.

No comments: