Sunday, August 17, 2008

MMA Tough/Trash Talk

Its not exactly a secret that MMA fighters have a high confidence in themselves and a willingness to express that superiority to a microphone aimed at random airwaves, but recently the talk is getting rather loud and boisterous so I thought we'd take a closer look at the MMA chatter of today.

Here is a comment from Dana White regarding his wildly idiotic views on Fedor Emelianenko, and his slaughter of Tim Sylvia a few weeks back:
“He’s not the best pound-for-pound fighter, not even close, but he’s one of the four or five best heavyweights,” said White, who undoubtedly would be chugging Emelianenko’s cock the moment he got the stoic Russian’s name on a UFC contract. “But we all have to thank him for getting rid of Tim Sylvia. He’d been stinking out the joint the last couple of years and Fedor did everyone a favor by beating him so easily and getting rid of him.”

Yes, Tim Sylvia is a joke. He has only held Dana's UFC Heavyweight Title twice, a distinction only shared with one Randy Couture, and has amassed an impressive for any Heavyweight 24-5 record and beaten such highly touted fighters as Brandon Vera, Ricco Rodriguez, Andrei Arlovski (twice), Jeff Monson, Jason Lambert, Mike Whitehead, Ben Rothwell, etc. Its amazing how when you are with the UFC, you are an elite fighter, but once you move on are just a piece of shit. And we all know Fedor's inferior record and overrated stature in the MMA world scene.

Dana, put down the glass of UFC Kool-Aid and break it up inside your asshole (you might even find Matt Hughes in there). When you open your mouth atrocities vomit out.

DREAM Lightweight Champion Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen had some encouraging words for Dana and his fledgling company:
“I would fight any one of the UFC lightweights, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny. I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. The Japanese MMA audience is the best in the world. They make magic! I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. I don’t care about things that are mainstream.”
I can't say I can argue with any of that except for the bleeding hemorrhoids part.

Paul "Semtex" Daley 18-6-2, a former Cage Rage and Cage Warriors Welterweight Champion now fighting for Elite XC, recently commented on his promotion jumping efforts and the bridges burned in route to America when he decided to join KJ Noons in trash talking MMA's respected "Diablo" Nick Diaz in explaining his recent erratic actions.
“If I had been Nick Diaz, it wouldn’t have been a problem. The guy smokes weed, starts riots on TV, doesn’t make weight, fights whoever the fuck he wants, and there’s no problem there. It’s a bit of a piss-take really.”
I'm sure Nick won't have some run-on sentence response to this jackass.

Josh Barnett recently talked about who he wants to fight next in his normal hilarious professional wrestling style:
"Whoever they can find who's dumb enough to sign the dotted line. I'll cut promos on any mofo who wants to get in here. I'll throw them on the mat and put them on their head. I'm gonna stretch them all over the ring. "
When asked about possible bouts with Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia, and Andrei Arlovski, the gab gifted Barnett replied, "They're all bad asses but they ain't me." Ya just gotta love the guy.

Finally, the "Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko had these recent cocky and controversial comments come to light:
"I don't consider myself on top of the pedestal," said Emelianenko (28-1, 1 NC), who has largely been unchallenged since his only loss, which came because of a cut caused by an illegal elbow in a 2000 fight with Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.
"I have certain weaknesses and I make certain mistakes. Of course, that is frustrating, because like any athlete, I strive to get better each day. I know a lot of the media and the fans want to say I'm the best. I appreciate that, but that's not how I consider myself."
On the potential super-fight with "The Natural":
"Randy (Couture) is a living legend in this sport and it's an honor that people say they want to see me fight him," Emelianenko said. "It's our desire to fight as soon as possible. I don't like the politics and I hope politics don't prevent this fight. I'm not out to prove anything. I just want to challenge myself against the men people believe is the best in the world. This bout with Randy is one step on that road. It would be my honor and my dream to fight him and we both will do what we can to get into the ring to fight."

What a fucking asshole. Just trash talking the geriatric warrior into submission before they can even fight. Fedor is just classless and should be looked at for the egomaniac and arrogant competitor that he is. Geez, what a jerk. MMA fighters, here is your example of what not to do as to carrying yourself and your ego around in public.

No comments: