Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nick Diaz Camp Responds To KJ Noons Cowardice


An EliteXC employee reported to the media that KJ Noons had been given a 24-hour deadline to accept a rematch with Nick Diaz for an Oct. 4 live broadcast on CBS.

Noons and his manager, Mark Dion, had been negotiating a new pay scale for the bout for over a month, and talks had reached a stalemate. But now the 25-year-old fighter’s courage and heart were suddenly thrust into question“I always wanted to fight Nick Diaz,” says Noons. “It’s the most marketable fight for me, the best style fight for me. I think the fans want to see it. But you have to pay for something you want to see.”

"In the Elite XC’s DVD where Diaz and I fought there are two baseball cards of Diaz and Kimbo. Hello! I won the fight and Elite XC’s promoting Diaz after I beat him? Or how about the day Elite XC flew Diaz in to do a signing on the DVD where he lost. Wow, that must have been uncomfortable Nick? Signing a DVD, and it is a fight that you lost. Why wasn’t I flown in for the signing? Elite XC gives me a hard time about comping me one extra ticket for my cousin that helped me train for my fight. I only get four tickets per show. I am the main event in Honolulu, my home town! I did not ask for any tickets for my family and friends and they gave me a hard time about one extra ticket!"

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team Response:
Earth to KJ; you don’t have a boxing career. No one in the boxing world knows who you are. 2) Another MMA company would have paid you less and not given you a title shot, especially when you were 1-1.
3) If you will not fight Diaz due to a breach of contract by EliteXC then why would you fight Alvarez for the same terms?
Nick Diaz, Jake Shields and Frank Shamrock were flown in to shoot an instructional trailer on grappling for the CBS show. The signings were an after thought. You weren’t flown in because you aren’t a grappler. We are sure they will fly you in if they need an instructional on whining. 2) Your contract was for Showtime. Diaz and Shields both signed longer deals for CBS. Nathan Diaz signed a special long term contract for Spike TV etc…
This is a business not Burger King, you can’t have it ‘your way’.

Diaz got no extra tickets in his home town of Stockton and isn’t complaining. 2) Bringing a fighter into the ring to promote an upcoming fight is standard practice. Your (I could of been a contender) drunk father, started a near riot and should be banned from further events and immediately placed in an Alcoholics Anonymous treatment center for his own self respect.

Chuck Liddell makes 100s of thousands more than Keith Jardine even though he lost to him. Diaz does not complain that Kimbo makes much more. He understands marketability, why can’t you? 5) Divide this and then multiply it several times:
KJ = little bitch > KJ = real champion
6) We agree you do need more Vaseline. You are used to it and damn those EliteXC guys for not using it when they bend you over.
Thanks to Sherdog.com & Five Ounces Of Pain.com for their contributions to this hilarious story.

No comments: