Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Angry Anderson Silva


Anderson “Spider” Silva is very upset at the reaction he has received from fans and the media after his fight with Patrick Cote. “He’s flipping out. He wants to fight again, like, on Nov. 15 … He’s upset about his performance and he wants to fight again immediately.” Said Zuffa’s Dana White.
Silva spoke angrily, “I didn’t come here to play. I didn’t come here to put on a show … I came here to do my job and I didn’t become a champion and defend the title as many times as I have by not doing my job.”
While it could be a possibility, it might be next to impossible to find a suitable opponent to fight Silva on just two and a half weeks notice, though with Anderson so popular in the MMA community, he could probably fight a tomato can and the fans would turn out. I would vote for Yushin Okami to pull out of his bout with Dean Lister at UFC 92 December 27, and reschedule a title bout with Silva. Okami, the only man in the UFC to have defeated the dominate Champion (via DQ in ICON), was the #1 contender before an injury gave Cote the shot. Now healed and fighting a fighter not in the UFC’s Top 10 of Middleweights, it would make sense to put the title fight back together as soon as possible. Anderson would then be facing a more legitimate threat than Cote, and be seeking a measure of revenge for his last loss in MMA. Not to mention what an amazing card it would be with Rashad Evans vs Forrest Griffin, Quinton Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva, Frank Mir vs Antonio Nogueira, and my proposed bout!

No comments: