Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Embarrassment Of DREAM 9

Well we knew DREAM 9 would be bad, I just didn't know it would be that bad and filled with poor sportsmanship. 1 of the things I like about MMA is that guys go in there and throw down, then hug each other after, and go have some beers. Its just a sport and even when personal, it is usually left in the ring and done with (ie- Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra). However, in DREAM 9, we saw pathetic fights, and classless actions to ruin the event.

1st ass up, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and all his "monkeys" can go fuck off. The guy straight kicked Ronaldo Souza in the dome while he was down. Not only was the act illegal, it was completely intentional (despite the excuses made by the announcers). After he did it a bad cut was opened upon "Jacare's" head but he begged to continue the fight. They restarted the fight but blood was streaming down and the referee had to halt the action again. At this time Mayhem said "Fuck you motherfucker!" to Souza who almost restarted the fight on his own. The bout was called a No Contest though it should be changed to a Disqualification for the blatant rule violation. Here is what genius Jason had to say about the incident in a post on MMA.TV (the Underground).
"It was a mistake. Jacare calls me a clown and disrespects me all the time, headbutted me and opened a cut on my eye. If he could've done it to me, he would have. I'll beat the shit out of him legally next time. What's he gonna do? Submit me? LOL Kayo me? LMMFAO.
Brazillian nuthuggers can suck my mother fuckin dick, that gets more pussy than any one of you could imagine, due to my MTV show, my good looks, and my tons of money.
How is that for classy? Oh you know what, I don't give a fuck what you think, I'm the fucking man. Hey CRE, what was your down syndrome Brazillian gonna break? NOTHING. Bitch ass had me on the ground for 3 seconds.
Let me get my bread for fucking him up in a rematch, and watch you all cry about how I "don't respect the sport." In the words of Dana White, "Fuck you you fucking cunt."
Go jerk off to TUF."
Wow, this guy is a total moron. Rubber match coming.....

Hong Man Choi beat Jose Canseco like everyone knew he would. Jose danced around and threw some kicks and punches, then got hit and turtled up until the referee stopped the fight. Shocker!
Ikuhisa Minowa, now being referred to as MinowaMan in Japan, tapped out every one's favorite big bitch in Bob Sapp who was at his career fattest. At least he didn't have the class to shake the hand of the guy who embarrassed him and tried to help him up.
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou didn't want to be outdone by Mayhem, and took down Jan Nortje for the TKO win. Problem was, he didn't stop hitting Jan as the referee dove in and tried to push him away as he landed 5 or 6 extra and classless shots. Nortje's camp exploded into the ring and trainer/K-1 legend Ray Sefo had to be restrained from attacking the Team Quest jackass. Man I would like to see Soko fight Ray Sefo!
Gegard Mousasi took down Mark Hunt who isn't even trying anymore and tapped him out with a straight armbar. Just stop the madness already and retire Hunt.

Tatsuya Kawajiri defeated Gesias Cavalcante by unanimous decision and I haven't seen the fight yet but am trying to effort it.


Featherweight Tournament Results
Hideo Tokoro got the rear naked choke on Abel Cullum for the submission win while Hiroyuki Takaya TKO'd Yoshiro Maeda at the end of the 1st (10 minute) round. Bibiano Fernandes out pointed Masakazu Imanari for a unanimous decision while upstart and now 2-0 Joe Warren pulled the huge upset by defeating Norifumi Yamamoto by split decision!! "Kid" is 1 of the best "Pound 4 Pound" fighters in the world and Warren just beat him in his 2nd pro MMA fight! Interesting card, though not good in any way shape or form, and we go a dismal 5-4 on the picks.

No comments: