Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Dana White

In the red corner, we have a man of integrity, who has climbed to the top of the sport as a Heavyweight fighter, garnering a superstar status in MMA while executing his employment in Pride FC with only a hand shake deal for 6 years. In the blue corner we have a man who tries to fuck his employees out of their "likeness" for the hot selling UFC "Undisputed" video game, continually calls Fedor Emelianenko "Overrated," told Chuck Liddell he is retired, and uses the words "fag" and "fuck" as much as most people use the word "the." Ladies and gentleman, Mirko Cro Cop vs Dana White!

I’m sure you’ve heard by now Cro Cop informed White that he was leaving the UFC to fight for DREAM. Cro Cop had officially signed just the one-fight deal but according to White, the two had agreed in principle for Cro Cop to fight two more bouts after UFC 99. It was not to be. White believes Cro Cop was just using his quick stop in the UFC as a tune-up fight before moving on to DREAM. White was predictably outraged when he found out what had gone down.


“He fucked me,” White said. “The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he fucked me. He didn’t keep his word. He talked about honor and all this other shit and he fucked me. He fed me this bullshit about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

Probably not the 1st time a giant MMA fighter has fucked you eh Dana? I can't even begin to try and count all the fighters White has fucked over since taking the helm of the UFC via Zuffa. It seems like after every single UFC event these days, Dana white comes out and says something so stupid that it is all the MMA community is talking about. Why can't Blaf leave the attention on the fighters for once instead of crying look at me every time he uses the word fuck?

Mirko Filipovic arrived in Zagreb, and journalists were greeted with a dance. A happy but tired Cro Cop did not have enough time to sleep. As for the fight, well, he was pleased with his performance. "I tried to protect my knee," said Cro Cop, who got the TKO win in 3 minutes. The oft surgically repaired knee was never an issue for the fight. However he was unhappy that his opponent tried to target it, it was unsportsmanlike he thought. His assessment of what Dana screamed was, "I'm not clear why the White *nasjeo on rumors instead of talking with me. I was hoping that we will talk about the continuation of cooperation, because the only contentious item for a long period between performances. I do not want to sit for months at home and wait for that someone called me to fight. However, I am grateful for the opportunity White in Cologne and in spite of his heavy words, I do not see reason to not *produljimo agreement." explained Mirko after returning from Germany.

It turns out that Cro Cop has not yet signed a deal with DREAM but he probably should. DREAM is trying to put together Cro Cop/Emelianenko 2 (Fedor's Affliction contract is up after August) and the 1st fight is still the biggest in MMA history. He just wanted to fight more often to get back into shape to make a final run at the UFC title before he retires, and DREAM was willing to provide him that opportunity.

So Dana, he didn't lie and is still interested in the UFC. But after you ran to the media crying foul like Kobe "Bitch" Bryant every time someone breathes near him on the NBA court, I for one hope Cro Cop kicks the UFC to the curb and goes to Japan where at least honor is still kept. Remember, "right leg hospital, left leg morgue."

*-Words lost in translation

No comments: