Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum in June!


We have all heard the rumors that the WAMMA Heavyweight Champion of the world, Fedor Emelianenko, was going to fight Hidehiko Yoshida in Astra, some scrub in an exhibition for M-1 (that may still happen), and most likely Rickson Gracie. It turns out as the contract dispute between M-1 Global and Strikeforce is still on, but Fedor will be stepping back in the cage to face Fabricio Werdum in a 5 round fight for the WAMMA title.

Strikeforce President Scott Coker finally spoke up on the situation saying, "Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum." When asked about the potential bout with Yoshida, Coker said. "I've heard the rumors as well, and as I know more I will let the media know in American, and let the media know here, but I believe that's just a rumor."

I'm just glad the "Last Emperor" is coming back and as a fellow fan of Ping Pong, I believe Fedor and I could be best friends forever. Why hasn't he contacted me yet?

No comments: