Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fedor Emelianenko vs Jeff Monson Official For November 20th In Mother Russia


Fedor Emelianenko vs Jeff Monson is now official. Both combatants have signed the contract for the bout November 20th in Moscow. M-1 announced the deal at a press conference which both men attended.

The "Last Emperor" had this to say about his recent losing streak and fighting at home again in Russia.
"I'm very happy to fight at home. Since the majority of my fights took place in Japan or United States, I'm happy to be fighting in Russia again after 4 years. I would like to thank Jeff Monson for the opportunity to fight him, I always followed his career and hope that we'll be able to show a beautiful fight for the fans. During my last three fights I always had a feeling that I can win. But somehow, in the last moment something always went wrong."

Fedor also hinted that a New Year's Eve fight may take place in Japan this year.