Saturday, January 07, 2012

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive For Banned PED's


In "holy shit I didn't see that one coming news," the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of MMA fighter and Strikeforce 145 lb. Champion Cristiane Justino Santos and fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos’ December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos’s license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a “No Decision”.

“Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters,” said CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd. “Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."
“I am ultimately responsible for everything I put in my body, and at the end of the day, there is no excuse for having a prohibited substance in my system. I do not condone the use of any performance enhancing drugs by myself or any other professional athlete, and willingly accept the penalties and fines that have been handed down to me by the California State Athletic Commission and those of the StrikeForce/Zuffa organization."

Cristiane responded to the failed drug test saying, “While I was preparing myself for my last fight I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead StrikeForce, the Commission or my fans. I train harder than any fighter in MMA and do not need drugs to win in the cage, and I have proven this time and time again! My only mistake is not verifying the diet aid with my doctor beforehand, and understanding that it was not approved for use in the ring. I will do everything I can to show my fans that I can still compete at the professional level without the use of any prohibited substances, and ask God’s forgiveness for my mistake."

That's all well and good "Femborg," but stanozolol metabolites are a steroid and making it sound like simply a weight cutting aid is bogus. The rumors of steroid use have plagued the manly Santos who destroyed her competition but is now stripped of her title and now Zuffa is rumored to be cutting the female 145 division altogether as Ronda Rousey has now officially made the move to 135 where she will face Strikeforce Champion Miesha Tate.

Santos will be out of the mix for most likely a year's time as redemption comes for the now #1 145 female fighter Hiroko Yamanaka who was stopped in 16 seconds by "Femborg" last out. This is a deadly blow to the already beleaguered women's MMA and perhaps removing Santos' penis would help her with future weight cuts.

No comments: