Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jon Jones Arrested For Suspicion Of DUI

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones was arrested early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI. The accident occurred in Broom County in New York and Police Sgt. Chris Lason told Yahoo! Sports that Jones was arrested at 5:02 a.m. Saturday. Jones, 24, ran his 2012 Bentley Continental GT into a telephone pole at the intersection of Helen St. and Grand Blvd. Jones was charged with DUI, paid an appearance bond and was released to family.  Turns out his Mommy picked him up.


Jones has called himself a role model, christian, and even told a group of reporters that if they cast him in a good light, they'd never have trouble with him. Many MMA fans have labeled him an arrogant fraud and insincere at best not believing in his squeaky clean image.


MMA reporter Ariel Helwani has reported that Jon walked away from the crash unharmed.


I am not ashamed to say, I told you so.  I am really enjoying this and cannot wait for the mugshot and media spin from Zuffa.  How much do you wanna bet no punishment is handed down from the UFC to their newest PPV star?


Somewhere Rashad Evans is giggling thinking about this quote from Jones to USA Today last month.
"I'm very comfortable with the UFC putting me out there and trying to use me as one of the guys to promote the sport and bring it to a new level. I think if I was a knucklehead and if I was a guy you had to worry about getting a DWI or going out and doing something really stupid, they simply wouldn't promote me. I think they see the guy that I am, and they trust that. Even though I'm a 24yr old, I'm a trustworthy 24yr old".


Its all part of god's plan I guess.-MMAFO


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done.