Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wanderlei Silva OFFICIALLY Signs With UFC


Finally folks its a done deal. Wanderlei Silva has signed that dotted line and is now a member of the UFC roster. Details of the contract have yet to be disclosed, but "The Axe Murderer's" first UFC fight will most likely be in december.

“Many fighters have a dream of fighting for the UFC, and as a champion for six years in Japan, my dream has always been to have the UFC belt,” said Silva. “Today, I’m one step closer to this goal.”

“As crazy as this sounds, this is the pinnacle of my seven year career in this company,” said UFC President Dana White. “I’m so excited to have this guy under contract. He grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes like one of his pre-fight staredowns and he said ‘I’m gonna fight so good for you, you’re gonna see the best fights ever from Wanderlei Silva.’
“I’m gonna work hard to give a great show for the fans and I want to thank God for this opportunity,” said Silva, who counts the key elements of his style as raw aggression, emotion, and intensity.

He also wants to send a message to prospective foes.

“I want to issue a warning to the other fighters out there: you need to train hard, because “The Axe Murderer” is here.”

No comments: