Tuesday, September 25, 2007

MMA Call Outs


Wanderlei Silva stated after Chuck Liddell and Shogun Rua's shocking losses, "I’d like, in view of the last event and also as a vengeance for my friend, to fight with this Forrest Griffin. I guess it could be a good name for me." He went on to say
"Shogun has the talent and it all depends exclusively upon him. He will figure out what went wrong and will not make the same mistakes next time. Yesterday he was not the Shogun who I know. I hope he continues bringing joy to this fans including myself, for I am also his fan."

Rumors immediately flew after Liddell's loss that he was contemplating retirement. Chuck's trainer said,“He’s already said he’ll be back in the gym next Monday,” said John Hackleman, who has coached Liddell for 16 years. “He’s going to fight again, hopefully as soon as possible, maybe in December. We’re looking at Shogun."

Well this could work out nicely and sort the Light Heavyweight division for us. Here's hoping UFC matchmaker Joe Silva is listening to the chatter. Keith Jardine could also rematch his loss to Houston Alexander or battle the (hopefully) incoming Ricardo Arona. The Champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will be out until at least January with a hand injury and lest we forget, Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz will have their rematch in November. Lots of good movement in the Light Heavyweight division to contemplate.

No comments: