Saturday, March 07, 2009

DREAM 7: Featherweight Grand Prix

DREAM 7: MARCH 8 ON HDNET
Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan
The Feather and Bantamweights have really impressed me as I dive into this new MMA territory for fight picking. Ultra-exciting fights but I'm new to the low weight game so cut me some slack if I take a beating early. Just a side note here, Japan's fight posters are so far superior than America's.

First Round of Dream Featherweight Tournament:
Chase Beebe vs. Joe Warren JW makes his MMA debut after being kicked out of amateur wrestling for the pot, and says, "I want to rip his heart out and eat it. I’m ready for war, and I’m a warrior.” I do love an eloquent fighter going into his 1st fight talking shit to a former WEC Featherweight Champion who has 15 fights, 1o won by submission. You've got gumption kid, and you're gonna lose.
WINNER-Beebe gun by RNC Rd.2
Atsushi Yamamot0 vs. Masakazu Imanari Odd Imanari (I mean come on, those pictures are disturbing) the Japanese "Ashikan Judan" shall take out Yamma.
WINNER-Imanari via leglock by Rd.1
Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura vs. Abel Cullum Cain's brother by points via takedowns.
WINNER-Abel by decision
Yoshiro Maeda vs. Micah Miller Maeda may have 31 pro fights, but not the all around ability of Micah.
WINNER-Micah by submission Rd.2
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kim Jong Won "Streetfight Bancho" is a helluva nickname but mini-Yoon Dong Sik gets the won (HA!).
WINNER-Jong Won by submission Rd.1
Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes Bible comes in at a meager 3-2 professionally, but I did see him fare well against Urijah Faber and I know nothing about Otsuka so....
WINNER-"Flash" Fernandes by decision
Non-Tournament Bouts:
Shinya Aoki vs. David Gardner The WAMMA Lightweight Champion gets a veteran served up for an evil triangle.
WINNER-Aoki by submission Rd.1
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Ross Ebanez Its a bone throwing competition but ya just can't go against the war survivor, the "Crusher."
WINNER-Kawajiri by TKO Rd.1
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daisuke Nakamura "The Endless Fighter" has submission game for days and despite recent stumbling against Takanori Gomi and Caol Uno, is damn talented at out pointing guys to victory. The U-File fighter rides in on an 8 fight winning streak and 12 of his 19 wins come by submission. Still, I lean toward Ishida, "2008's Submission Of The Year" winner, but don't be shocked if Daisy wins. Both men can pull off the flying armbar so sit back and enjoy.
WINNER-Ishida by decision
*All fights are 1 10 minute 1st round, followed by a final 5 minute 2nd round.

No comments: