Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MMA Melee: Cro Cop Not Done? Lesnar & The Undertaker, Sonnen vs Bisping, & The UFC Owns ALL!




MMA legend Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic finds his career teetering on the brink these days but still wants to compete if the UFC keeps him employed. "There's one fight left on my UFC contract. I will have this fight, regardless of what the reporters think. However, there's a possibility that the UFC will insist on not allowing me to fight. I will accept their decision. It's time to retire, despite the fact that I want to continue. Next year, it will be 20 years since my first fight... I had a great career, and I don't regret anything. But I don't want to finish it defeated.

"I'm very sorry. I was more than ready for my last two fights, but still, I was unable to see the punches coming. I would like to apologize to all my fans. Believe me, I'm also very disappointed."

said Mirko to the Croatian Press. I for 1,000 want to see him go out on a win and will always watch waiting for the left kick to send someone to the cemetery one last time.

Brock Lesnar finally gave an interview to Ariel Helwani and touched on many of the questions that have swirled from his title loss to Cain Velasquez.
"I got hit with a punch I couldn't recover from" stated the former Champion. "2010 was an exhausting year, now I'm back fresh."
As far as the face to face meeting with the Undertaker after the loss, Brock stated, "I was a bit delirious, Cain put me on a street that I didn't know the name of. I don't know if Undertaker was there to fight or not."
As far as his willingness to do TUF 13, it sounds as though Dana White had to do some begging. "My first response to doing TUF 13 was no, I'm happy I did it now. I found the TUF experience refreshing and out of my comfort zone."
We begin the newest season of "The Ultimate Fighter" Wednesday night on Spike TV.

Michael Bisping has decided he wants to face Chael Sonnen to determine who is the biggest piece of shit in MMA. "I want to fight Chael Sonnen because No. 1, he's an amazing fighter," Bisping said. "When he fought last, he looked fantastic, and I want to challenge myself. He's the No. 2 ranked middleweight in the world. Obviously I can't fight No. 1 because he's got a title shot, so I want to fight the No. 2 guy. The things that Chael Sonnen comes out with, they're so outlandish that you can't help but laugh," he said. "Listen, I think he's brilliant. I've watched the stuff from his last fight. I was in stitches. I was laughing my ass off. Even comments he said about me after my last fight, I just had to laugh at that. You can't not laugh. Of course he's going to get in my head at the time, but hopefully I've learned from recent experiences. It'll make for a great fight I'm sure. That guy, he's quite a hypocrite," he said. "He's a steroid cheat, let's not forget that. He's had points taken away for illegally kneeing people himself, and then he goes out talking about me as if I'm Satan or something. The guy's an absolute hypocrite." Oh "Count" with your misdirection to keep fans from thinking about how blatantly you cheated to win your last bout and how childish you acted during and after. You are the gem of England sir.

Before the stick and stone throwing can commence between these two evils, Chael Sonnen must complete a sentencing hearing stemming from a federal money laundering guilty plea. The court date has been postponed to April 8th.
 The Team Quest member's contract is still frozen and will continue to be until Sonnen finishes with his court obligations.
As a Republican, I'd imagine he'll get a pat on the back, a sucker, and be sent on his way.

Rener and Ryron Gracie like to post videos after UFC events explaining to fans how to use the submission moves they just witnessed on the PPVs. This week they taught the twister submission used by Chan Sung Jung used to defeat Leonard Garcia at UFC Fight Night 24 in Seattle, WA. The video was posted this morning, but has now been removed from YouTube's website. Instead you will find "YouTube account Gracie Academy has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
 ZUFFA, LLC." Ummmm, so the UFC owns the rights to the Twister move? I think Eddie Bravo might have something to say about that. I mean seriously, the UFC is taking over the world. Hide your wife, hide your kids, and hide your new submission moves because Zuffa has laid claim to all that is MMA!


Finally and pathetically, Bobby Lashley and Phil Baroni struggled but managed to defeat the tomato cans in front of them at Titan Fighting Championships 17. Lashley was gassed in under 1 round and looked awful but not to be out done, the "NYBA" imitated the fighting style. Lashley, just go back to the WWE already. Nobody wants to see you fight Batista.