Friday, January 02, 2015

Deadspin Article Gives Proof Jon Jones Is A Fraud

Article by Greg Howard @ Deadspin (link below)


"Whenever I talk about Christ out loud, or I tweet a verse, or say something in reference about Christ," he says, "a lot of people lash out and aren't very excited to hear about my love for Christ. A lot of people don't mind that I have love for Christ; they just don't want me to talk about it."

He sounds like he almost believes it, which is the thing: The more Jones tries to convince you of his humanity, the less human he seems. You can tell when Jon Jones the man slips on his mask to become Jon Jones the brand. He squares his body to you, leans forward, and furrows his brow when you ask questions. His cadence changes. He lies.

"I've always been straight edge, man," Jones says, when I ask him when he started drinking. He emphasizes the point. "I've always been straight edge."

"Come on, man. What are we even doing here?" I don't even bring up the accident, or that nickel bag the devil hid for him. Caught red-handed, he cracks up.

"Yo, Greg's funny sometimes. 'What have we even been doing this whole time?'" Then he hesitates. "No, I haven't always been straight edge, man."

A bit later, I ask him about his relationship with his fiancĂ©e, Jessie Moses. The two have been together since before he went to college; she's the mother of three of his daughters, and she's stayed with him through a lot of ups and downs. This October, a video of a naked Jones waving his ample dick around at a woman who is NOT Moses made its way online. ("I can be such a pervert sometimes," he says in the video. "You like that?")

"Uh, we're not talking about that," he says, when I ask.

That's fine; I want to know how he and Moses are doing.

"Phenomenal relationship," he says. "We're happy, man. We're happy. We're functional. We make a great team. She's a phenomenal mother, caretaker. I'm a phenomenal provider, father. Team Jones."


A pair of pretty waitresses come over. They banter for a time, Jones jabbing playfully as they blush and counter. Then he grabs one of their notepads and scrawls down his number, and they walk away.

No comments: